From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pdftk - replacement
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 06:48:32
1 On Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:22:26 AM CET thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 03/14/2018 08:52 PM, Danny YUE wrote:
3 > > On 2018-03-14 20:08, Poncho <poncho@××××××.ch> wrote:
4 > >> On 14.03.2018 20:10, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5 > >>> Is there a suitable replacement package for "pdftk".
6 > >>> Currently pdftk is masked and might be dropped from portage tree :-/
7 > >>>
8 > >>> The packages require GCC 5 or earlier and are therefore masked in the
9 > >>> 17.0 profiles.
10 > >>>
11 > >>> I use pdftk only to merge two pdf file (overlap tax form).
12 > >>> eg.
13 > >>> pdftk t4-flat-02b.pdf stamp 1.pdf output out1.pdf
14 > >>
15 > >> /usr/bin/pdfunite
16 > >>
17 > >> it's a provided by app-text/poppler
18 > >
19 > > Besides, app-text/poppler contains some very useful functions.
20 > > pdfunite is one of them, which let you concatenate several PDF files
21 > > into one.
22 > >
23 > > Another piece I found useful is pdfseparate. It can separate a PDF file
24 > > into pages.
25 > >
26 > > The combination of pdfunite and pdfseparate let you replace a single
27 > > page in a PDF file.
28 > >
29 > > Command `equery f poppler' shows:
30 > > /usr/bin/pdfdetach
31 > > /usr/bin/pdffonts
32 > > /usr/bin/pdfimages
33 > > /usr/bin/pdfinfo
34 > > /usr/bin/pdfseparate
35 > > /usr/bin/pdftocairo
36 > > /usr/bin/pdftohtml
37 > > /usr/bin/pdftoppm
38 > > /usr/bin/pdftops
39 > > /usr/bin/pdftotext
40 > > /usr/bin/pdfunite
41 >
42 > That is not what I (we) need.
43 > pdfunite - will join several PDF file into one (this is not what I want).
44 >
45 > I need to "overlap" two PDF file, one on top of another, it is like
46 > watermarking. I only do it once a year when I print a tax form/slips.
47
48 Maybe script your own solution?
49 Extract images from the PDF
50 Overlay the images