From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A helping hand with virtual machines, please.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:40:38
1 On Nov 23, 2011 10:32 PM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
4 wrote:
5 > > I notice this entire thread has carefully steered around ESXi
6 > >
7 > > Now there's an interesting product, with a truly fascinating licensing
8 > > and pricing model.
9 >
10 > ESXi isn't Linux. Or, at least, it's not something you'd run on your
11 desktop.
12 >
13 > But, yeah, VMWare is working hard to shake down their existing
14 > customer base. Where I work, I'm pushing a migration to XCP. Sweet
15 > features for far cheaper.
18 I'm still gathering up courage to go down the XCP path, as there are not
19 yet any company in my city that provides support for it. So, I went the
20 coward's path of XenServer :-)
21
22 Rgds,