From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Linux Basic commands to begin with
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:26:10
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
3 >> hi
4 >>
5 >> can i have a list of Gentoo Linux basic commands to start with
6 >>
7 >> Thanks and Regards
8 >>
9 >> Kaushal
10 >
11 > With regard to? There are a lot of commands in Gentoo. Emerge is a
12 > huge one. eix, equery is a couple of others.
13 >
14 > The most common commands for me are emerge --sync, I actually use
15 > eix-sync but same thing and emerge -uvDN world. The first syncs the
16 > tree to the latest and the second updates whatever is new.
17 >
18 > Your mileage may vary on this.
19 > Dale
20 >
22
23 Oh, man is a good one too. man emerge, man equery, man eix etc etc.
24 Sort of tells you how to use them, if you speak, Greek. That rhyme? LOL
25
26 Dale
27
29 --