From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dma_intr errors on heavy writes -- cause for concern?
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 04:12:44
1 On 10/31/06, Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > During certain times I my server under goes heavy disc writes. When this happen I get the
3 > following error. Should I be concerned? Does anyone know of any resources that I can read up on
4 > that will explain that all of this mean?
5
6 I don't have any resources, but my understanding is that LBAsect is
7 the logical sector of the block device (i.e, the raid array), while
8 sector is the physical sector of disk. LBAsect looks
9 suspicious...referencing a sector that is somewhere around the 91
10 petabytes address. You didn't mention how large the disks are, but
11 even there they are requesting a sector that is about 220G from the
12 beginning of the disk, and returning that no such sector exists
13 (SectorIdNotFound).
14
15 So my guess is that your filesystem is getting confused under load,
16 and trying to access stuff that is beyond the end of your raid array.
17 So, which fs and kernel version?
18
19 -Richard
20 --