From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: MythTV WAS: [Re: [gentoo-user] Are the video files there, or aren't they?] [SOLVED sort of]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:07:21
1 On Thu, February 19, 2009 6:12 am, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 04:42 +0000, Stroller wrote:
3 >> On 18 Feb 2009, at 22:41, Michael Sullivan wrote:
6 <snip>
9 >> Is it possible that, when you booted with the new kernel & no cards
10 >> were found they were removed from MythTV's database?
11 >>
12 >> I have never used MythTV, but maybe - under the old kernel - you can
13 >> add them back in using MythTV's setup and they'll work again?
14 >>
15 >> This doesn't help why the cards are not shown under the new kernel,
16 >> but if you are easily able to add them in then it would demonstrate
17 >> that your hardware is OK & perhaps inspire confidence.
18 >>
19 >> Stroller.
20 >
21 > I got Myth to work with the 2.6.26-r4 kernel, but I don't plan on using
22 > this kernel forever. Is there any way I can find out what modules are
23 > being loaded with this kernel that aren't being loaded with the new one?
24
25 You could check the output of "lspci -v" to check which drivers are used
26 for the video-capture card you are using.
29 Joost