From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] move to xfce and forget kde and gnome
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:08:58
1 On Sat 20 August 2011 00:02:15 Walter Dnes did opine thusly:
2 > On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 01:34:33AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote
3 >
4 > > Interesting - thanks! It found an unused library file (qdbm)
5 > > here that nothing else had.
6 > >
7 > > One suggestion: I'd create cleanscript in /tmp rather than
8 > > wherever I happened to be at the time.
9 >
10 > Question... how many people have /tmp on a partition that's
11 > mounted "noexec"? That could be a problem.
12
13 Add a variable at the top to define the bin directory to use. Then
14 users can change it to whatever suits them.
15
16 /tmp is a good default, except when it's mounted noexec.
17 Same for ~
18
19 Almost every reasonable choice will have times when it's not good, so
20 rather shift the responsibility over to the end user :-)
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com