From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] read errors mapping "/profiles/ChangeLog" (in gentoo-portage)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 09:04:24
1 On Sunday 19 October 2008 09:06:23 Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I did a sync earlier and noticed this little message scroll by:
5 >
6 > WARNING: profiles/ChangeLog failed verification -- update discarded
7 > (will try again).
8 > rsync: read errors mapping "/profiles/ChangeLog" (in gentoo-portage):
9 > Stale NFS file handle (116)
10 >
11 > Anybody else get that? Portage seems to work fine, downloading java
12 > right now and OOo for the rest of the week. Just curious if someone
13 > should know about this or not.
14
15 Check bugzilla. If there is something wrong with the tree, it's likely already
16 reported and fixed. You probably synced while an update to that part of the
17 tree was going on - happens to me about once a year (i.e. not very often)
18
19 The error itself is harmless, it's just a ChangeLog file. So by rights therest
20 of portage and the tree should continue to work just fine.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com