From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 01:11:32
1 On Tuesday, 12 December 2017 10:34:27 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 23:24:48 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > I more and more get the feeling that linux is standardising on the
4 > > > Gnome desktop, which I really just DO NOT get on with.
5 > >
6 > > Nor I. it's second only to M$ in its arrogance.
7 >
8 > I have three gnome packages installed on this KDE box. One is the tiny
9 > package that started this thread, and is GNOME only in name, the other
10 > two are dependencies of XFCE, which I also have installed.
11 >
12 > I see no GNOME takeover, beyond the fact that many distros are choosing
13 > GNOME as their default desktop.
14
15 I didn't suggest it's taking over the world, just that it deliberately hides
16 all useful configuration data from the user, just to save the devs from
17 having to explain themselves.We know what you need better than you do, so
18 just be a good boy and take your medicine.
19
20 Just like M$.
23 Regards,
24 Peter.