From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Need Preferred Applications help
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:47:43
1 On 05/09/2011 03:44 PM, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > A couple of weeks ago I switched my gcc profile over and rebuilt
3 > everything with emerge -e system and emerge -e world. Now, when I click
4 > on a link in Evolution, seamonkey opens to a blank page instead of to
5 > the link that I clicked on. I'm using gnome-base/gnome-2.32.1.
6 > Seamonkey is my preferred web browser, but I used to have the abiltiy to
7 > supply other options (a.k.a. /usr/bin/seamonkey %s I think it was). Now
8 > I don't have that ability.
9
10 I see the same annoying thing here. I hope it's just a temporary bug,
11 but there is an easy workaround using gnome's gconf-editor utility.
12
13 Start gconf-editor and navigate to desktop::gnome::applications::browser
14 on the left side, and on the right side you should find an item named
15 'exec'. Double-click on 'exec' and change the value to seamonkey.