From: Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Routing problem
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:23:03
1 Hi,
2
3 I have connected two sites with openVPN, this works fine all traffic goes
4 trought the tunnels, and i can ping machines from one site to another.
5 But, i can't ping a machine from siteA from openVPN from siteB. to make it
6 compleet bizar the machine on siteA can ping the openVPN on siteB.
7
8 If i do a ping -R on the machine at siteA i see this:
9 RR: 10.32.3.172 <- machine siteA
10 10.32.101.3 <- tunnel
11 10.32.16.52 <- openVPN siteB
12 10.32.16.52
13 10.32.3.51 <- must be 10.32.101.3 (openVPN siteA)
14 10.32.3.172
15 It seems that the answer goes direct between the two openVPN machines and
16 not the tunnel (10.32.101.x)
17 There is a route 10.32.0.0 netmask 255.255.252.0 gw 10.32.101.3 dev tun1.
18
19 A ping from openVPN siteB to openVPN siteA
20 RR: 10.32.101.4
21 10.32.3.51
22 10.32.3.51
23 10.32.101.4
24
25 My main portage server is in siteA and i would like to update my remore
26 openVPN machines.
27 This behaviour its not only with that machine but with all my other remote
28 openVPN machines, all machines behind those does not have this kind of
29 problems.
30
31 Anyone know a solution
32 TIA
33 --
34 This is Unix-Land. In quiet nights, you can hear the Windows machines reboot.
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list