From: Alec Shaner <ashaner@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /home becoming readonly every night
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:49:01
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > I had a Maxtor drive die just after the one-year warranty expired. We had
3 > one server with Maxtors that died twice in one year.
4 >
5 > Because of this, we now have a "Seagate-only" policy for hard-drives -
6 > they may cost a bit more but they're reliable and many come with a three
7 > year warranty.
10 I also had a bad experience with Maxtor, though I admit I've only bought
11 one in my life. But friends have also reported problems with Maxtore
12 too. Ended up with the same read-only problem as the OP. It predictably
13 occurred weekly after the emerge sync in cron.
14
15 I use Seagate for SCSI, and WD for IDE/SATA and have never had a problem
16 with either.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list