From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Uwe Thiem
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 05:32:02
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > It's a sad day for me today. Uwe Thiem, who has been on this list longer
3 > than I have, passed away on Friday. My friend Alastair put up a little
4 > tribute here:
5 >
6 > http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2574
7 >
8 > What that page doesn't say is how much Uwe loved gentoo. A long-time
9 > subscriber around here, his posts must number in the 100s if not 1000s.
10 > I'm gonna miss him, even though he lived only 1000km away (a trivial
11 > distance in Africa) I never did get to collect that pitcher of
12 > Namibia's finest he owed me. I guess now I never will.
17 Does anybody know what the cause of death was? Did he have cancer,
18 heart attack or something?
19
20 Thanks
21