From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] confused udev?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:26:38
1 On 11/20/05, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > >
4 > > According to the dmesg output you posted earlier, your memory stick is
5 > > not partitioned. This is ok, some are, some are not. You can confirm
6 > > this by taking a look at /proc/partitions when it is inserted, or the
7 > > output of "fdisk -l". So, only getting /dev/plextor_memstick is
8 > > probably correct, and you should mount that, not plextor_memstick1.
9 > >
10 > I'm out of office for the weekend, so I can't insert the stick and
11 > confirm. But the stick is partitioned with a unique partition with vfat.
12 > I tried to mount it and mount gave the "no such device" complaint. But I
13 > may be forgetting something.
14
15 Earlier you posted:
16
17 usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
18 Vendor: PLEXTOR Model: PlexFlash-2 Rev: 5.02
19 Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 00
20 usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
21 usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
22 usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
23 usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
24 usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
25 usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
26 sdb: Write Protect is on
27 sdb: Mode Sense: 45 00 80 08
28 sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
29 Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
30 usb-storage: device scan complete
31
32 If the key is partitioned, just before the "Attached ..." line, you
33 should see a listing of the partitions. For example:
34
35 usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
36 Vendor: I-Stick2 Model: IntelligentStick Rev: 2.00
37 Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
38 ready
39 SCSI device sda: 2047488 512-byte hdwr sectors (1048 MB)
40 sda: Write Protect is off
41 sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
42 sda: assuming drive cache: write through
43 SCSI device sda: 2047488 512-byte hdwr sectors (1048 MB)
44 sda: Write Protect is off
45 sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
46 sda: assuming drive cache: write through
47 sda: sda1 sda2
48 Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
49 usb-storage: device scan complete
50
51 So if it really is partitioned, we'll have to figure out why the
52 kernel is not seeing your partition table. I would be interested to
53 see the output of 'fdisk -l /dev/sda' with the stick inserted.
54
55 > What about the kernel config? I posted the file as you suggested. Does
56 > it look OK?
57
58 Looks ok to me.
59