From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How often do you reboot?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:47:07
1 I've got a couple Gentoo machines that normally run 24/7. I've
2 learned over the years that it's a good idea to reboot them
3 occasionally (when I have some spare time and I know they're idle)
4 just to make they still can.
5
6 I've settled on roughly once a month or so.
7
8 What seems to happen if I don't do this is that some update (or
9 perhaps just a stupid configuration mistake on my part) will render
10 the machine non-bootable, and I won't discover it until several months
11 later at the worst possible moment when I'm in the middle of something
12 urgent and the power fails, or I type "reboot" into the wrong xterm,
13 or whatever. Or maybe those things don't happen to other people...
16 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! GOOD-NIGHT, everybody
17 at ... Now I have to go
18 gmail.com administer FIRST-AID to my
19 pet LEISURE SUIT!!