From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] 'netstat -lp' oddities
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 20:05:02
1 I ran 'netstat -lp' on a system of mine and found a couple of strange things.
2
3 tcp 0 0 1.2.3.4.st:https *:* LISTEN
4 2929/apache2
5 udp 0 0 1.2.3.4.stat:ntp *:*
6 3203/ntpd
7
8 1.2.3.4 is not the IP address that actually appeared, but I don't
9 recognize the one that did appear. An IP lookup says it is in the
10 Czech Republic and I'm in the US. I did a grep of my system looking
11 for the IP and found two recent "Relay access denied" messages in the
12 mail log from a sender with an email address like
13 "user@×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.com" where myhost.com is my host's
14 domain.
15
16 The other strange item was the following entry repeated over and over
17 under UNIX sockets:
18
19 warning, got bogus unix line.
20
21 Can anyone shed some light on either of these?
22
23 - Grant