From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gdk-pixbuf
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:44:55
1 Hi all,
2
3 this should probably asked on the developers list but I am not subscribed to
4 it. Maybe, enough gentoo developers are on this list as well. ;-)
5
6 <rant>
7 Who made gdk-pixbuf dependent on gnome-libs?
8
9 >From the ebuild:
10
11 RDEPEND="media-libs/jpeg
12 media-libs/tiff
13 =x11-libs/gtk+-1.2*
14 >=media-libs/libpng-1.2.1
15 amd64? ( sys-libs/db )
16 !amd64? ( <sys-libs/db-2 )
17 >=gnome-base/gnome-libs-1.4.1.2-r1"
18 # We need gnome-libs here, else gnome support do not get compiled into
19 # gdk-pixbuf (the GnomeCanvasPixbuf library )
22 It pulls gnome-libs and, through gnome-libs I guess orbit, in although it does
23 not really depend on gnome. If there is an optional dependency on gnome it
24 should respect my "-gnome" USE flag setting.
25
26 Lot's of pure gtk apps depend on gdk-pixbuf but don't depend on gnome or
27 orbit. I should be able to emerge that library without pulling all the other
28 stuff in I have no use of.
29
30 </rant>
31
32 :-)
33
34 Uwe
37 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list