From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating world
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:42:32
1 On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:42 PM, CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 03/27/11 22:25, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sunday 27 March 2011 18:50:36 CJoeB wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> Hi All,
7 >>>
8 >>> See output below.  I understand what this is telling me.  However, the
9 >>> issue is if I unmask libkexiv2 and kipi-plugins, I get further messages
10 >>> about some other kde package that is masked by ~x86 keyword.  And this
11 >>> goes on continuously.
12 >>
13 >> I suspect a dodgy entry in /etc/portage somewhere.
14 >>
15 >> What's the output of:
16 >>
17 >> grep -r libkexiv2 /etc/portage*
18 >> grep ACCEPT_KEYWORDS /etc/make.conf
19 >
20 > I didn't get any output.
23 Have you tried to trace back through the list of depends to see
24 exactly what kicks this off?
25
26 equery depends kipi-plugins
27
28 should tell you exactly which packages are trying to pull this in.
29 When you get a list of programs then you try to trace those back, one
30 at a time, looking for what program/use flag combo is causing this.
31
32 All my machines are 64-bit so I don't use ~x86. Looking at eix there
33 does seem to be a stable version of kipi-plugins so determining if and
34 why you are trying to get the testing version is clearly the issue.
35
36 mark@c2stable ~ $ eix kipi-plugins
37 * media-plugins/kipi-plugins
38 Available versions: (4) 1.2.0-r3 ~1.9.0
39 {aqua calendar cdr crypt debug expoblending handbook
40 +imagemagick ipod kdeenablefinal linguas_ar linguas_ast linguas_be
41 linguas_bg linguas_ca linguas_ca@valencia linguas_cs linguas_da
42 linguas_de linguas_el linguas_en_GB linguas_eo linguas_es linguas_et
43 linguas_eu linguas_fi linguas_fr linguas_ga linguas_gl linguas_he
44 linguas_hi linguas_hne linguas_hr linguas_hu linguas_is linguas_it
45 linguas_ja linguas_km linguas_ko linguas_lt linguas_lv linguas_mai
46 linguas_ms linguas_nb linguas_nds linguas_nl linguas_nn linguas_oc
47 linguas_pa linguas_pl linguas_pt linguas_pt_BR linguas_ro linguas_ru
48 linguas_se linguas_sk linguas_sv linguas_th linguas_tr linguas_uk
49 linguas_zh_CN linguas_zh_TW mjpeg opengl redeyes scanner}
50 Homepage: http://www.kipi-plugins.org
53 mark@c2stable ~ $
54
55 Also, I'm sorry if I missed this but I don't see what profile you are running?
56
57 - Mark
58 - Mark