From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] docutils needing py2.7, but not wanting py2.7?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 08:43:48
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 23:42:50 +0100, Ashley Dixon wrote:
3 >
4 >> Providing he's just adding the line to a package.use file with a text
5 >> editor, that's just manually doing the work of etc-update. We need
6 >> the `emerge --info docutils` output to see full information about his
7 >> Python environment.
8 > Except that etc-update also adds a backtrace as comments, allowing him to
9 > trace the cause.
13 That backtrace is in the OP's original post.  The first one doesn't give
14 much of one, none really.  The second one gives a list of packages.
15 Either way, it was a circular problem.  It seems the emerge --info for
16 the package gave the clue which I don't see anywhere in the output of
17 emerge.
18
19 Dale
20