From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev & recent genkernel + gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:55:29
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2
3 >A. Khattri wrote:
6 >>On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
11 >>>Nope... might try it as well but my understanding that all genkernel
12 >>>does is automates compilation/installation and makes sure options for
13 >>>devfs or udev are on (depending on --[no]udev --[no]devfs flags).
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>True, but a lot of people have had problems with genkernel that went away
17 >>when they did a manual kernel build instead.
23 >In this case the problem is in the initrd so I can guarantee he won't have the same problem if he doesn't use root=/dev/ram0 with a broken initrd ;-).
28 Not quite, its an initramfs. Slightly different rules apply for
29 initramfs vs initrd, so you also have to remove the "initrd" line from
30 grub if you want to eliminate it.
31
32 -Richard
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list