From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't login
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:37:53
1 On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:09:04 +0200, Ran Shalit wrote:
2
3 > After doing a reset, I can't login.
4 > on trying to enter password I get for a second a screen which
5 > "This is gentoo unkown_domain", and then it get back to the login
6 > screen. I login using tty (alt_ctrl+f1) and changed the user password,
7 > but on trying to login again in the graphic logic, it keep the same
8 > behaviour.
9
10 So you can login at a console as your user but the graphical login fails?
11 I've seen this happen several times when a file used by the desktop
12 software becomes unwriteable as the user, because it is root owned after
13 a crash. Try
14
15 chown -R user: ~user
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 IMPORTANT: The entire physical universe, including this message, may
22 one day collapse back into an infinitesimally small space. Should
23 another universe subsequently re-emerge, the existence of this message
24 in that universe cannot be guaranteed.