From: "Iván Pérez Domínguez" <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with kernel 2.6.18-r6
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:24:16
1 I'm having a problem with kernel 2.6.18-r6. My laptop hangs during boot,
2 right after detecting the mouse and the keyboard. I doesn't matter
3 whether I enable initrd or not, it dies anyway. No kernel panic, no oops
4 messages, it simply freezes.
5
6 The funny thing is that sometimes it keeps running a little more
7 (detects the hard disk, sometimes even the dvd drive), and 1 in 100
8 times, everything works fine and it boots normally.
9
10 I'm currently running kernel 2.6.13 and everything works fine (despite
11 the things that need >2.6.13 to work).
12
13 I attach my kernel config, maybe someone knows what I'm doing wrong.

.config text/plain
smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature