From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migrating from single disk to software raid1
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:35:35
1 Am 29.09.2011 11:00, schrieb Adam Carter:
2 > Sanity check please gurus :)
3 > I've installed the new disks, partitioned them and created the md
4 > devices, which are now syncing. The kernel already has all the modules
5 > built in. I believe the next steps are;
6 > 1 mkfs the md devices
7 > 2 copy the partitions from the current disk to the mirror
8 > 3 edit fstab on the mirror
9 > 4 install mbr on both submirror disks
10 > 5 halt the box
11 > 6 set the bios boot order to the two sub mirrors
12 > 7 boot from mirror
13 >
14 > Is that incorrect or incomplete? Do I need to be concerned about disk
15 > devices being renamed when the original disk is removed?
18 Is /boot a partition on top of the md device? If it is, you should make
19 sure to use the --metadata=0.90 when creating the md devices. If it is a
20 separate md device, this should not be necessary.
21
22 If you run into issues concerning the renaming, you can try to specify
23 the md devices explicitly with the kernel parameter 'raid=noautodetect
24 md=0,/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1'
25
26 Regards,
27 Florian Philipp