From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [ot]flashing netbook bios
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:33:01
1 Hi group,
2
3 I want to upgrade an old 900A netbook, but I have to flash the bios
4 first. This has proven difficult despite using all the tips I found on
5 the web. The recommendations call for a small partition on a usb key
6 formatted fat 16. You copy over the bios file, making sure its called
7 900A.ROM. You boot and hit <alt+f2> as soon as you see the boot
8 screen. Then, supposedly, the bios gets updated with little fuss, and
9 you're good to go.
10
11 But all that happens in my case is the constant reiteration of
12 "reading rom file...file not found", or words to that effect.
13
14 I would appreciate any insight. Even if you don't know the fix.
15
16 MW