From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox problems...
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 02:39:04
1 On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 21:09 -0500, Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > Anyone having problems saving images or links in firefox 2.0? I'm running the
3 > latest firefox binary and mozilla launcher... and when I right click to save
4 > an image, the browser dies. Running strace on it doesn't yield much info. It
5 > says something like unlink("/root/.mozilla/firefox/nan3prqz.default/lock")
6 > and then segfaults...
7 >
8 > Anyone else?
9
10 Occaisionally, Firefox 2.0 crashes out when choosing to save a link, as
11 well as when using the mouse wheel and (as I JUST found out) when
12 clicking on a menu item like Help.
13
14 > At this moment I'm compiling firefox from sources to see if it's any better.
15
16 My Firefox is from sources and I have these problems. The Restore
17 Session option is very nice, however.
18
19 > --
20 >
21 > Jerry McBride