From: Michael Gisbers <Michael@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups-pdf configuration?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:49:35
1 Am Mittwoch 27 September 2006 04:08 schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Short version: Where does the cups-pdf printer put output files by
5 > default?
6 >
7 > I emerged cups-pdf and installed a printer using it. No problems
8 > setting up a PDF printer (as far as I can tell) but I cannot find any
9 > output when I print a test page. I did restart cups to ensure the new
10 > printer was really enabled.
11 >
12 > eix cups-pdf points me at this web site:
13 >
14 > http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf
15 >
16 > Looking there indicates we are supposed to copy a config file to
17 > /etc/cupsd but the file isn't there after the emerge, nor is it in
18 > /etc/conf.d as far as I can tell. Is it required? I would assume so
19 > but maybe the docs are out of date?
20 >
21 > Thanks in advance for any pointers you can provide.
22
23 Hi Mark,
24
25 cups-pdf uses /var/spool/cups-pdf/$USER as output-directory.
26
27 I extended my .bashrc with following line:
28
29 test -e $HOME/PDF || ln -s /var/spool/cups-pdf/$USER $HOME/PDF
30
31 So I can use $HOME/PDF to access my PDFs.
32
33 If you want to change output-directory you may also
34 edit '/etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf'.
37 Michael Gisbers
38 http://www.lugor.de