From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: is Hal required for a Synaptics touchpad ?
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:41:56
1 On 09/04/2010 05:13 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I successfully removed Hal from my desktop machine some time ago.
3 > Today, I tried removing it from my ASUS EEE netbook :
4 > I dropped 'hald' from the default runlevel,
5 > & recompiled Xorg-server + Xf86-input-synaptics with USE="-hal",
6 > but after X opens, everything is frozen (no touchpad, no keys).
7
8 I'd try recompiling xf86-input-evdev as well. If that doesn't fix
9 the problem then start looking through the X logfile for error
10 messages.
11
12 How is the touchpad connected to the notebook?