From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Removing Specific Kernel Sources
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:14:57
1 Hi all,
2
3 >From all I've ever read and about Linux and the kernel, it has always
4 been recommended that you keep one kernel source older than the one that
5 you are currently running on your system.
6
7 In this respect, I now have 3 kernel sources on my computer after
8 upgrading today.
9
10 I would like to remove the oldest one - specifically linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r10
11
12 The Kernel Upgrade Guide tells you how to remove the old sources using
13 emerge -P. However, from what is stated in the manual, *all* old kernel
14 sources are removed. The emerge man page says that a better option is
15 to use emerge --clean. However, I haven't been able to figure out how
16 to remove a specific source tree.
17
18 Any assistance would be appreciated.
19