From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Headsup: bad breakage from today's xcb update [correction]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:47:55
1 On 04/26/2011 01:03 PM, walt wrote:
2 > There is already a bug filed against xlibs/xcb*-0.3.8, and 0.3.6 has already
3 > been removed from portage (a very bad decision).
4
5 Oops, my bad. x11-libs/xcb-util has just been split into several packages with
6 the update to 0.3.8.
7
8 If, like me, you need to downgrade xcb-util back to 0.3.6 you must delete all of
9 the xcb*0.3.8 packages first or you will get file collision errors.
10
11 The real breakage is in the libstartup-notification package, which hasn't been
12 fixed yet and still depends on xcb-util-0.3.6.