From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need help getting packages available.
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 05:32:54
1 I used to use etcat to see all versions of a package that are available
2 in portage. I would like to see what versions of ppp are available but
3 etcat is no longer here. I guess portage took it out. I knew it was
4 coming. I figure something out and then it is gone. =-O
5
6 Me and equery are not the best of friends. What command will tell me
7 the versions that are available, masked and all? I think it used to be
8 etcat -v ppp and it will list them all. The man page for equery may as
9 well be in greek. I can't make any sense of it.
10
11 Thanks
12 Dale
13
14 Yes, I'm still working on this email thing. I'm trying to connect to my
15 brothers ISP but it sends the wrong login/password and naturally it
16 won't let me in. That new install is starting to look good for some
17 experimenting. Delete /etc/ppp/* and give it a whirl. LOL
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list