From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about updating /etc/portage/package.use
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 07:15:17
1 On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:00:49 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > I read that section of the emerge man page, and it talks about
4 > CONFIG_PROTECT and CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK. The tone of the message seems
5 > to indicate there is something wrong with my /etc/portage/package.use
6 > file. But I can't figure out what the problem is. Can somebody please
7 > explain it in plain English?
8
9 When I've seen this message before, it is because a package I have in
10 package.use has moved categories. etc-update should sort this out for you.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of
17 room o