From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's up with qt? Almost ALL masked or keyworded now.
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:50:16
1 On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Dale wrote:
2 > Actually, I hadn't used autounmask, yet.  I was trying not to use it
3 > actually.  When I ran autounmask, it fixed it.  I got a couple blocks
4 > to deal with but after autounmask did it's thing, it seems a lot
5 > happier now.  I had tried the keyword and unmask file off the Gentoo
6 > howto but I guess it needs a little update or something.
7
8 So it's sorted now then?
9
10 > Oh, I keep back-ups of my /etc directory and even a couple old copies
11 > of keyword/unmask/mask files, just in case I do something silly.
12
13 Good man :-)
14
15 > Yea, I sometimes do things that makes me feel like a idiot.  Don't we
16 > all tho??
17
18 Yes, sadly, we all do that. Much too often in fact. There's even a name
19 for it:
20
21 "school fees"
24 Alan McKinnon