From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpeg4ip - replacement
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 17:51:15
1 On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 09:41:20AM -0600, Joseph wrote
2
3 > Well, the remote camera is Axis 207 so it has its own server. There
4 > is no mplayer on it. When I access camera from the network computer
5 > the same as camera is on both vlc and mplayer work. But when I try
6 > to stream over the internet (from different) it doesn't work.
7 >
8 > Can mpalyer stream the mpeg 4 video file over rtsp; I think only
9 > vlc can do it.
10
11 You mentioned in a previous message that mplayer and vlc work on one
12 computer, but not on the other. So we know they both work. I think the
13 problem is somewhere in the remote access. How are you accessing the
14 rtsp stream? Is it like so (example name and numbers)...
15
16 mplayer rtsp://10.1.2.3/stream_name
17
18 Things to check...
19
20 * if you're using a domain name rather than an IP address, is it defined
21 in the remote machine's /etc/hosts ?
22
23 * is the remote machine's firewall blocking the camera's IP address ?
24
25 * is the camera set to only stream to a specific IP address (range) ?
28 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
29 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications