From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to attempt EFI install, which modules to compile?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:31:12
1 On Friday 27 Feb 2015 06:09:25 Matti Nykyri wrote:
2 > > On Feb 27, 2015, at 5:57, Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Make a partition for gentoo and format it. Untar stage3 and portage
5 > > snapshot to it (snapshot is faster than rsync). Chroot. Emerge portage
6 > > and grub. I copied kernel from my old system to /boot. If you don't have
7 > > this build a new one. Run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg (mkdir
8 > > if it doesn't exists. (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2)
9 >
10 > Manually modify grub.cfg so that the root drive will match the setup of the
11 > new system. (Something like this /dev/sdb2 -> /dev/sda2 and hd1,2 ->
12 > hd0,2)
13 >
14 > > Many asus mb's have bug in efi and require BOOTX64.EFI to be lower case =
15 > > bootx64.efi so rename it as necessary. My mb had that bug and a rename
16 > > was needed even though fat should be case insensitive.
17 >
18 > Also disable secure boot. It's only for windows...
19
20 Not only, you can use it with Linux too, but you will have to start creating
21 X509 certs (or use RHL's? ) and signing your kernel images.
24 Regards,
25 Mick