From: Pawel K <pawlaczus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] national keyboard in open office
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:56:25
1 Great Thanx all of You for help.
2
3 Below is the solution of what was wrong and the
4 summary:
5 1) openoffice was installed with:
6 emerge openoffice-bin
7 (no LANGUAGE, LINGUAS etc. variable)
8 2) Launching OO
9 $ locales
10 LANG=
11 LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
12 LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
13 LC_TIME="POSIX"
14 LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
15 LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
16 LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
17 LC_PAPER="POSIX"
18 LC_NAME="POSIX"
19 LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
20 LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
21 LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
22 LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
23 LC_ALL=
24
25 Now sth strange. Without 2 below commands I can't type
26 Polish characters:
27
28 $ xmodmap -pke > xmodmap.txt
29 $ xmodmap xmodmap.txt
30 $ oowriter2
31
32 !!! NO specific LC_ALL, LANG settings !!!
33 Now I can type Polish characters using rigt ALT both
34 in OO and mozilla..
35
36 I don't understand above 2 steps with xmodmap. I tried
37 also:
38 $ cp xmodmap.txt ~/.xmodmaprc
39 to have it whenever I log into my account but it
40 didn't help.
41
42 xmodmap.txt looks like:
43
44 keycode 8 =
45 keycode 9 = Escape
46 keycode 10 = 1 exclam onesuperior exclamdown
47 onesuperior exclamdown
48 keycode 11 = 2 at twosuperior oneeighth twosuperior
49 oneeighth
50 keycode 12 = 3 numbersign threesuperior sterling
51 threesuperior sterling
52 keycode 13 = 4 dollar onequarter dollar onequarter
53 dollar
54 keycode 14 = 5 percent onehalf threeeighths onehalf
55 threeeighths
56 keycode 15 = 6 asciicircum threequarters fiveeighths
57 threequarters fiveeighths
58 keycode 16 = 7 ampersand braceleft seveneighths
59 braceleft seveneighths
60 keycode 17 = 8 asterisk bracketleft trademark
61 bracketleft trademark
62 keycode 18 = 9 parenleft bracketright plusminus
63 bracketright plusminus
64 keycode 19 = 0 parenright braceright degree
65 braceright degree
66 keycode 20 = minus underscore backslash questiondown
67 backslash questiondown
68 keycode 21 = equal plus dead_cedilla dead_ogonek
69 dead_cedilla dead_ogonek
70 keycode 22 = BackSpace Terminate_Server
71 keycode 23 = Tab ISO_Left_Tab
72 keycode 24 = q Q at Greek_OMEGA at Greek_OMEGA
73 keycode 25 = w W lstroke Lstroke lstroke Lstroke
74 keycode 26 = e E eogonek Eogonek eogonek Eogonek
75 keycode 27 = r R paragraph registered paragraph
76 registered
77 keycode 28 = t T tslash Tslash tslash Tslash
78 keycode 29 = y Y leftarrow yen leftarrow yen
79 keycode 30 = u U downarrow uparrow downarrow uparrow
80 keycode 31 = i I rightarrow idotless rightarrow
81 idotless
82 keycode 32 = o O oacute Oacute oacute Oacute
83 keycode 33 = p P thorn THORN thorn THORN
84 keycode 34 = bracketleft braceleft dead_diaeresis
85 dead_abovering dead_diaeresis dead_abovering
86 keycode 35 = bracketright braceright dead_tilde
87 dead_macron dead_tilde dead_macron
88 keycode 36 = Return
89 keycode 37 = Control_L
90 keycode 38 = a A aogonek Aogonek aogonek Aogonek
91 keycode 39 = s S sacute Sacute sacute Sacute
92 keycode 40 = d D eth ETH eth ETH
93 keycode 41 = f F dstroke ordfeminine dstroke
94 ordfeminine
95 keycode 42 = g G eng ENG eng ENG
96 keycode 43 = h H hstroke Hstroke hstroke Hstroke
97 keycode 44 = j J
98 keycode 45 = k K kra ampersand kra ampersand
99 keycode 46 = l L lstroke Lstroke lstroke Lstroke
100 keycode 47 = semicolon colon dead_acute
101 dead_doubleacute dead_acute dead_doubleacute
102 keycode 48 = apostrophe quotedbl dead_circumflex
103 dead_caron dead_circumflex dead_caron
104 keycode 49 = grave asciitilde notsign notsign notsign
105 notsign
106 keycode 50 = Shift_L
107 keycode 51 = backslash bar dead_grave dead_breve
108 dead_grave dead_breve
109 keycode 52 = z Z zabovedot Zabovedot zabovedot
110 Zabovedot
111 keycode 53 = x X zacute Zacute zacute Zacute
112 keycode 54 = c C cacute Cacute cacute Cacute
113 keycode 55 = v V leftdoublequotemark grave
114 leftdoublequotemark grave
115 keycode 56 = b B rightdoublequotemark apostrophe
116 rightdoublequotemark apostrophe
117 keycode 57 = n N nacute Nacute nacute Nacute
118 keycode 58 = m M mu masculine mu masculine
119 keycode 59 = comma less horizconnector multiply
120 horizconnector multiply
121 keycode 60 = period greater periodcentered division
122 periodcentered division
123 keycode 61 = slash question dead_belowdot
124 dead_abovedot dead_belowdot dead_abovedot
125 keycode 62 = Shift_R
126 keycode 63 = KP_Multiply XF86_ClearGrab
127 keycode 64 = Alt_L Meta_L
128 keycode 65 = space
129 keycode 66 = Caps_Lock
130 keycode 67 = F1 XF86_Switch_VT_1
131 keycode 68 = F2 XF86_Switch_VT_2
132 keycode 69 = F3 XF86_Switch_VT_3
133 keycode 70 = F4 XF86_Switch_VT_4
134 keycode 71 = F5 XF86_Switch_VT_5
135 keycode 72 = F6 XF86_Switch_VT_6
136 keycode 73 = F7 XF86_Switch_VT_7
137 keycode 74 = F8 XF86_Switch_VT_8
138 keycode 75 = F9 XF86_Switch_VT_9
139 keycode 76 = F10 XF86_Switch_VT_10
140 keycode 77 = Num_Lock Pointer_EnableKeys
141 keycode 78 = Scroll_Lock
142 keycode 79 = KP_Home KP_7
143 keycode 80 = KP_Up KP_8
144 keycode 81 = KP_Prior KP_9
145 keycode 82 = KP_Subtract XF86_Prev_VMode
146 keycode 83 = KP_Left KP_4
147 keycode 84 = KP_Begin KP_5
148 keycode 85 = KP_Right KP_6
149 keycode 86 = KP_Add XF86_Next_VMode
150 keycode 87 = KP_End KP_1
151 keycode 88 = KP_Down KP_2
152 keycode 89 = KP_Next KP_3
153 keycode 90 = KP_Insert KP_0
154 keycode 91 = KP_Delete KP_Decimal
155 keycode 92 =
156 keycode 93 = Mode_switch
157 keycode 94 = less greater bar brokenbar bar brokenbar
158 keycode 95 = F11 XF86_Switch_VT_11
159 keycode 96 = F12 XF86_Switch_VT_12
160 keycode 97 = Home
161 keycode 98 = Up
162 keycode 99 = Prior
163 keycode 100 = Left
164 keycode 101 =
165 keycode 102 = Right
166 keycode 103 = End
167 keycode 104 = Down
168 keycode 105 = Next
169 keycode 106 = Insert
170 keycode 107 = Delete
171 keycode 108 = KP_Enter
172 keycode 109 = Control_R Multi_key
173 keycode 110 = Pause Break
174 keycode 111 = Print Sys_Req
175 keycode 112 = KP_Divide XF86_Ungrab
176 keycode 113 = Mode_switch Multi_key
177 keycode 114 =
178 keycode 115 = Super_L
179 keycode 116 = Super_R Multi_key
180 keycode 117 = Menu
181 keycode 118 =
182 keycode 119 =
183 keycode 120 =
184 keycode 121 =
185 keycode 122 =
186 keycode 123 =
187 keycode 124 = ISO_Level3_Shift
188 keycode 125 = NoSymbol Alt_L
189 keycode 126 = KP_Equal
190 keycode 127 = NoSymbol Super_L
191 keycode 128 = NoSymbol Hyper_L
192 keycode 129 =
193 keycode 130 =
194 keycode 131 =
195 keycode 132 =
196 keycode 133 =
197 keycode 134 =
198 keycode 135 =
199 keycode 136 =
200 keycode 137 =
201 keycode 138 =
202 keycode 139 =
203 keycode 140 =
204 keycode 141 =
205 keycode 142 =
206 keycode 143 =
207 keycode 144 =
208 keycode 145 =
209 keycode 146 =
210 keycode 147 =
211 keycode 148 =
212 keycode 149 =
213 keycode 150 =
214 keycode 151 =
215 keycode 152 =
216 keycode 153 =
217 keycode 154 =
218 keycode 155 =
219 keycode 156 = NoSymbol Meta_L
220 keycode 157 =
221 ... the remaining keycodes are empty ...
222
223 Do You have any idea how to set my xmodmap permanently ?
224
226 Do You Yahoo!?
227 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
228 http://mail.yahoo.com
229 --
230 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list