From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seek advice: converting Sabayon to Gentoo ?
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:29:21
1 Thank you for the useful advice. One more question will help: does the new
2 kernel support ath5k out of the box on an install?
3
4 Perhaps I can just edit the existing /etc/fstab, using device names. The
5 device numbering is inconsistent between GNU/Linux distros under the (what I
6 presume to be) new scheme, with all devices names as /dev/sdX .
7
8 I'll prepare for a new gentoo install, and hope that the current sabayon
9 continues to act sanely as gentoo, as I update the system, package by
10 package. So far a fair amount of hand work is involved, in updating gnome,
11 for example.
14 Alan