From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 03:25:10
1 On 10/19/11 08:07, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 19.10.2011 01:09, schrieb Colleen Beamer:
3 >> Hi everyone,
4 >>
5 >> I have googled this problem and tried everything and can't seem to
6 >> resolve the issue.
7 >>
8 >> My CD drive will read data CD's, but will not play audio CD's. I've
9 >> tried with kscd and Kaffeine. Haven't installed amarok yet. I've
10 >> checked and rechecked my settings in the kernel. In /dev cdrom is a
11 >> symlink to sr0. Nothing I've read in anything that came up in my google
12 >> search helped.
13 >>
14 >> Any ideas?
15 >>
16 >> Regards,
17 >>
18 >> Colleen
19 >>
20 > 1. Can you try something that is not related to KDE like VLC (might need
21 > USE=cdda)?
22 > 2. What use flags has media-libs/phonon enabled?
23 > 3. Which backend for phonon is activated (system settings -> multimedia)?
24 >
25 > Regards,
26 > Florian Philipp
27 >
28 cdda is one of my USE flags.
29 Phonon has gstreamer and xine enabled as USE flags. No option for cdda
30 when I type "emerge -av phonon", but like I said, that is one of my USE
31 flags.
32 Phonon current backend is gstreamer. Kaffeine works with this. It is
33 only kscd that is not working.
34
35 Regards,
36