From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pm-suspend problem
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 22:08:28
1 On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 05:46:00PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I want to be able to suspend my machine to RAM overnight or when I'm out.
3
4 Just curious, you don't need to answer: why? Why not just power it off
5 or lock it?
6
7 > The pkg to use seems to be Pm-utils, which I've installed.
8 > 'pm-suspend' does suspend, but only briefly :
9 > after 5 s , it restarts automatically & everything is back as before.
10 > The log file shows this happening quite clearly.
11 >
12 > What am I doing wrong ? Am I using the correct tool ?
13
14 What desktop environment are you using? OpenRC or systemd? Lastly, do
15 you have support for suspending to RAM compiled into the kernel?
16
17 If you are using a desktop environment, it should have the suspend
18 functionality built into it. If you are using systemd, it should be as
19 simple as a `systemctl suspend`.
20
21 Alec