From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative to thunderbird?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:28:46
1 On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:40:48 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > >>> I just switched from firefox to chromium (thanks to you guys) and
5 > >>> I'm loving it.  What would you recommend for getting away from
6 > >>> thunderbird?  I'm looking for something simple and minimal.
7 > >>>
8 > >>> - Grant
9 > >>>
10 > >>
11 > >> claws-mail
12 > >>
13 > >> It takes some getting used to as all the nice
14 > >> cute gui stuff is not present. It sends and receives mail, does a
15 > >> very good job of filtering, is somewhat passable with rendering
16 > >> html mail (and absolutely refuses to generate it). Everything else
17 > >> that bloats mail clients is absent.
18 > >>
19 > >> It goes without saying that under no circumstances must you even
20 > >> consider using kdepim
21 > >
22 > > Thank you all.  Loving claws-mail so far.
23 > >
24 > > - Grant
25 >
26 > claws-mail is great. I tried postler too but it wouldn't work right.
29 How are you finding it's calendar features? I find them quite pathetic
30 actually but I put up with it as the alternative is sunbird or
31 something equally bloated
35 Alan McKinnnon
36 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com