From: Jacques Montier <jmontier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD configuration
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:25:00
1 So i just kept noatime and discard options (for SSD).
2
3 Thank you Florian,
7 Jacques
10 2012/11/25 Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
11
12 > Am 25.11.2012 16:36, schrieb Jacques Montier:
13 > > Hi all,
14 > >
15 > > I bought a 250Go SSD M4 Crucial , read (of course) Gentoo documentation
16 > > and installed the drive on my desktop pc (Asus MB, Intel ie7 and 6Go
17 > RAM).
18 > >
19 > > 1- Everything seems to work perfectly, but i would like to know if my
20 > > configuration is ok or could be optimized.
21 > >
22 > > /dev/sda1 /boot ext2
23 > defaults,noatime,discard 1 2
24 >
25 > You don't need to specify "defaults" when there is any other option
26 > present. Defaults is just there so that the column is not empty if you
27 > do not specify any option.
28 >
29 > > /dev/sda2 / ext4
30 > defaults,noatime,nodiratime,discard 0 1
31 >
32 > noatime implies nodiratime. Specifying both is redundant.
33 >
34 > > /dev/sda3 /var ext4
35 > defaults,noatime,nodiratime,discard 0 0
36 > > /dev/sdb1 /mnt/donnees ntfs-3g
37 > auto,uid=jacques,gid=users,umask=0022 0 0
38 > > /dev/sdb2 none swap sw
39 > 0 0
40 >
41 > Swap on SSD would be faster but I guess you want to avoid the additional
42 > writes.
43 >
44 > > /dev/sdb5 /usr/portage ext4
45 > defaults,noatime,nodiratime 0 0
46 > > /dev/sdb6 /var/tmp ext4
47 > defaults,noatime,nodiratime 0 0
48 > > /dev/sdb7 /home ext4
49 > defaults,noatime,nodiratime 0 0
50 >
51 > For home, auto_da_alloc trades a little performance for additional
52 > security against stupid applications that forget to fsync().
53 >
54 > > /dev/sdb8 /mnt/disk_virt ext4
55 > defaults,noatime,nodiratime 0 0
58 > Regards,