From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Duplicate mouse clicks??(now resolved)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:06:57
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Ernie Schroder [mailto:schroder@×××××.net]
3 > Sent: 27 January 2006 13:40
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Duplicate mouse clicks??(now resolved)
8 > On Friday 27 January 2006 06:17, a tiny voice compelled Paul to write:
9 > > Hi all,
10 > > Thanks for all the help.
11 > > I changed the protocol to "ExplorerPS/2" and I now have the
12 > wheel working
13 > > again.
14 > > The question is - What has change in the last few weeks to
15 > have caused this
16 > > problem. Previously the mouse had been working with the
17 > protocol set to
18 > > "auto" with no problems.
19 > >
20 > > Paul
21 > > --
22 > > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
23 >
24 > I wish I knew the answer to that myself. IMPS/2 worked for me
25 > for 5 years. In
26 > my case, the problem started when I finally updated to xorg
27 > from XFree.
28
29 I have always had problems with "auto" and soon enough spotted the mouse
30 being recognised as "ExplorerPS/2" in my xorg.0.log, so changed it to
31 that and have been happy in that respect ever since. :-)
32
33 FWICR "IMPS/2" also works fine.
34 --
35 Regards,