From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 4.1...
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:03:12
1 On Donnerstag, 28. August 2008, James wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 > > It's far from fixed here. Admittedly better than 173.*, but the vast
4 > > majority of work remains to be done:
5 >
6 > What ever happened to all of those folks that said Nvidia is the
7 > superior video vendor?
8
9 once upon a time that was true.
10
11 and some people say that the new beta drivers rock. I can't check it myself -
12 I sold my nvidia card and bought ati.
16 > Apologies accepted (in advance) from all of those Nvidia pundits.
17
18 I want to apologise if I ever bashed you.
22 > AMD (and now ATI) rules..... methinks
23
24 their binary drivers are so-so. But their open source driver initiative is
25 great.