From: "Hervé Guillemet" <herve@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Canon LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw printers
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:38:52
1 Thanks James for your help
2
3 Le 11/07/2014 03:29, James a écrit :
4 > Hervé Guillemet <herve <at> guillemet.org> writes:
7 >> Canon LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw now have an official linux "support" from the
8 >> manufacter with their driver Linux_UFRIILT_PrinterDriver_V100_us_EN.tar.gz .
9 >> I have spent 2 days trying to make it work on gentoo, without success.
10 >> Even people on Ubuntu, which is a distribution supposed to have been
11 >> tested by Canon, fail to use it.
14 > Gentoo suggest to use this driver package:
15 > net-print/gutenprint
16 >
17 > for canon printers, via this document:
18 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Printing#Gutenprint_Driver
19
20 LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw uses the proprietary UFR II LT langage, and I don't
21 think Gutenprint supports it.
22
23 > Reading these posts may suggest a compiled solution as your remedy?
24 > Naturally, you'll have to adjust what steps taken to your gentoo
25 environment.
26 >
27 > http://radu.cotescu.com/how-to-install-canon-lbp-printers-in-ubuntu/
28 >
29 > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1315665
30
31 Trying to install Canon-provided driver is the solution I have worked
32 on, either from source or from binaries. But even the "source"
33 distribution of the driver mainly contains binaries. I end up with an
34 error ("src = libcanon_pdlwrapper.c, line = 633, err = -1¥nError
35 Response:ReqNo=2, SeqNo=3,opvpErrorNo=-2") generated by the binary
36 component (c3pldrv).
37 For these 2 specific printers, the driver provided by Canon is different
38 that other CAPT printers (Linux_CAPT_PrinterDriver_V260_uk_EN.tar.gz) or
39 other UFT-II printers (Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V290_uk_EN.tar.gz), for
40 obscure reasons. That doesn't help find other people with the same
41 concern...
45 Hervé