From: m4110c <disquz@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 07:45:46
1 On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 08:36:11AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote (neil@××××××××××.uk):
2 > On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 22:17:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 > > Is there other software that I can't find that allows this to be done?
6 > > GUI would be nice but I suspect if I can figure out what to use, a
7 > > regular file manager will be used.
8 >
9 > I've found all of the MTP implementations to be wanting in some way. Then
10 > I discovered SSHelper, an SSH server for Android. Now I can mount my
11 > phone's storage with sshfs using a command like
12 >
13 > sshfs -p 2222 192.168.1.144:/storage/emulated/0 /mnt/phone
16 If you can get it to start "Developer Mode" (i.e. Settings ->
17 Information -> Buildnumber <- Tapping it 7 Times repeatedly)
18
19 You can connect to it via ADB. Then you need the package
20 dev-util/android-tools to establish an ADB connection from Gentoo.
21
22 If that is all set up, you can use this tool:
23
24 https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
25
26 I am really impresesd by this tool and use it all the time.
27
28 Good luck!
31 m4110c
34 mailto: disquz@×××××.de