From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6.18 : 2 questions
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:36:15
1 I've successfully installed Kernel 2.6.18
2 -- is it imagination or is it a bit faster on this desktop ? -- ,
3 but there are a couple of simple questions I'm not sure how to answer.
4
5 (1) I used 'make xconfig' & it didn't show me the 'PPP' option:
6 when I used "find" from the "edit" menu, it showed up
7 & I was able to add it, but it's not under the tree-menu.
8 Is this a glitch in the 'xconfig' interface or did I miss something ?
9
10 (2) I compiled the sensor items into the kernel, not as modules,
11 but I'm now left with 2 orphan module lines when Init runs:
13 I've looked around, but can't easily see where those lines are defined
14 (it's not /etc/modules.autoload.d/ , which is used by the kernel).
15 Can anyone give me a quick pointer to where to find them,
16 so that I can comment them out of whatever file they're mentioned in ?
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list