From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UDP traffic?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:07:16
1 On 14 August 2006 21:26, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I was setting up a game for my son using Cedega. The game
4 > installed, and successfully went to the net to download and install
5 > the updates. However, when we tried to get the Linux game to join a
6 > LAN session with the same game running on some Windows machines I got
7 > a message about not having a network provider. Since it can get to the
8 > Internet to download the updates I know it's not a hard networking
9 > failure. What is it?
10 >
11 > In the past I've heard that some of these games use UDP instead of
12 > TCP. I was wondering where I configure a Gentoo machine to allow UDP
13 > traffic, preferably only on my local network if possible so that I
14 > could just see if this was the problem.
15
16 As long as you don't have a firewall running, UDP is enabled. In case you do
17 run a firewall, that is the place to allow UDP on the used ports.
18
19 Uwe
22 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
23 http://www.SysEx.com.na
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list