From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] possible defective memory
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:53:45
1 On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 21:08 -0400, bruce harding wrote:
2 > I've got 2 sticks of Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR Registered & ECC. Is it
3 > possible that this if I ran memtest86+ for 2 days straight and found no
4 > error that the memory could still be defective?
5 >
6 > I ask because I can't get a complete compile of glibc. I have to
7 > restart the process at lease 3 times before the compile will complete.
10 > Let me know what you think.
11 > --
12 > bruce
13
14 That was my issue. I had exactly the same problem when I assembling
15 together AMD64. It took me one week to investigate. Memorytest86 pass
16 all the test and the system was still crashing when I was compiling for
17 a longer time. So in other words Memorytest86 it is not worth the disk
18 space it occupies.
19
20 Look on Google for another test called: memtest.sh from RedHat and run
21 it.
22 In my case it was memory issue. I got a new pair of stick and the
23 problem went away.
26 #Joseph
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list