From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is my machine too old for virtualbox?
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:07:00
1 On Sonntag 27 September 2009, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 08:15:46AM -0700, walt wrote
3 >
4 > > I'm using the vbox svn repository from Sun, so I haven't tried building
5 > > the portage version.
6 >
7 > As I mentioned, I'm using Sun's install because the portage install
8 > dies.
9 >
10 > > What problem do you see?
11 >
12 > At bootup I get...
13 > * Starting VirtualBox kernel module ...
14 > * modprobe vboxdrv failed. Please use 'dmesg' to find out why
15 >
16 > I'm attaching dmesg output in the hope that someone can figure this
17 > out.
20 how about dmesg after you tried to load vboxdrv?