From: Francesco Turco <fturco@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] escape from i3lock
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 21:18:43
1 On Wed, Jul 10, 2019, at 19:04, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Here is my next "low information" question, haha.
3 >
4 > I use i3lock which is like Xscreensaver but much much simpler; it plays
5 > no movies or games, just blanks the screen with a configured color or
6 > image. To unlock it you have to type your password.
7 >
8 > It bothers me that even when i3lock has locked the X session, I can
9 > still switch to other Linux virtual consoles with Alt-Control-F<n> ,
10 > without typing the password. It so happens that on one of the other
11 > virtual consoles there is often an interactive root shell :-P
12 >
13 > So, is it possible to prevent virtual console switching while the X
14 > screen is locked, but still allow it at other times? Looks like
15 > something the locker program would have to do, not the X server; but
16 > again I don't know much about this stuff.
17
18 A command such as physlock can be used to lock virtual terminals:
19 - https://github.com/muennich/physlock
20 - https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-misc/physlock
23 https://fturco.gitlab.io/