From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: removal of esound
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 05:13:23
1 Hartmut Figge:
4 >Now, installation of esound was necessary for my SeaMonkey to be able to
5 >notify of new mail with a custom sound file. I do *not* want pulseaudio,
6 >so, do you know of an replacement for esound which could work with
7 >SeaMonkey?
8
9 Summary of the thread:
10
11 Without esound there is an uncaught exception when trying to play a
12 custom sound in Preferences->Mail & Newsgroups->Notification even with
13 the official builds of SM from mozilla.org.
14
15 Timestamp: 09.01.2012 07:18:12
16 Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
17 code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsISound.play]" nsresult:
18 "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame ::
19 chrome://communicator/content/pref/preferences.js :: PlaySound :: line
20 99" data: no]
21
22 The solution may be using pulseaudio. On the other hand, removing
23 pulseaudio is usually one of the first recommendations in the wine
24 groups when problems occur. ;)
25
26 Now, removing esound is no longer a problem for gentoo-user. I may take
27 it upstream to mozilla.org.
28
29 Hartmut
30 --