From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] NVidia-drivers: Sync problem ???
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 07:04:01
1 Hi,
2
3 For my MSI GT430 (nvidia) graphics card I am using
4 the x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-260.19.29.
5
6 But there seems to be something wrong:
7 When playing videos with faster movements
8 I see heavy distortions around these parts
9 of the screen.
10
11 Previously I fixed this for another nvidia
12 card by enabling different sync options
13 in the nvidia-setting dialog and was happy
14 that these distortion dont come back, when
15 I switched to this newer card.
16
17 Now: There're back despite my hopes...
18
19 I started glxgears and got this output
20 on the console:
21
22 Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
23 approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
24 74062 frames in 5.0 seconds = 14812.268 FPS
25 77502 frames in 5.0 seconds = 15500.350 FPS
26 XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
27 after 57 requests (57 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
30 The second sentence say, that there is a syncing active and will get
31 the refresh rate of the monitor (a LCD screen) back. This wouild be
32 around 60Hz as far as I know.
33
34 And then, the measurements show 15500.350 FPS...
35
36 Which slightl above 60 Hz....
37
38 To sync or not to sync, that seems to be the question...
39
40 By the way: Distortion can be watched as when using mplayer
41 as with vlc. I recompiled both just to get sure, but it does
42 not help. The machine is definetly fast enough to play videos
43 (AMD Phenom II X6 1090T)....
44
45 How can I get back the undistorted screen?
46
47 Thank you very much in advance for any help !
48 Best regards,
49 mcc